How can I use the new Workplace Chat Beta desktop app?
Workplace Chat Beta is available to organizations enrolled in our early access program.
The new Workplace Chat desktop app helps you stay connected with your team. It supports messaging, video and audio chats and screen sharing.
New features on the Workplace Chat desktop app include Dark Mode and a compact inbox view. Some features might not be available on the new version of the app. These features include:
- Notification jewel for post notification
- Saved messages, pinned messages and message reminders
- Sending photo from computer camera
- Editing pinned chats
- List of all shared files in a thread
- Filtering inbox (e.g. unread/permanently hidden)
- Hiding a thread permanently
- Company-wide blocklisted features
- Displaying user profile information (e.g. email address, department)
- MSI enterprise installer for machine installs
- Parts of the display might be in English only
How to Use the App
To use the new desktop app, your organization needs to be enrolled into our Early Access Program. To enroll your organization, please reach out to your Workplace Contact.
Once enrolled, admins will be able to make the app available to their organization from the What's New section in the Admin Panel. Once enrolled, users can download the app from the help menu to the bottom-left of Workplace. Users of the previous version of the desktop app will be updated to the new version automatically upon the next launch.
Admins can also remove their company from our Early Access Program. The app will then revert back to the previous version for all users.
Note: If something isn't working as expected, you can click then click Report a Problem.